The Edmonton Blues Hall of Fame mandate is to celebrate individuals, organizations and institutions that have made significant contributions to the Edmonton blues community. Through the Edmonton Blues Hall of Fame, a legacy of Edmonton’s blues music and history will be available to educate current and future generations.
- To increase public appreciation and knowledge of achievements in Blues music in Edmonton by hosting an annual awards ceremony and presentation of awards to individuals and organizations that made significant contributions to the Edmonton Blues community.
- To advance appreciation and knowledge of achievements in Blues music in Edmonton by hosting public programs (e.g., lectures, presentations, panels, performances).
- To preserve and record the achievements in Blues music in Edmonton by establishing and maintaining a Blues Hall of Fame that documents the annual award presentations.
- To promote education in our youth relating to Edmonton Blues music history and achievement by developing programs for delivery in Edmonton schools.
- To encourage documentation and preservation of blues music history and achievements in Edmonton by developing projects in partnership with local archives.
- To raise funds in support of the objectives.
Board of Directors
President – Tommie Gallie
Vice President – Marilyn Hooper
Treasurer – Garry Goodenough
Secretary – Craig Farkash